For many years, our group has been developing techniques for the site-specific modification, labeling and tagging of nucleic acids. We were the first to introduce Diels-Alder reactions into nucleic acids chemistry, we worked with aldehyde-hydrazide chemistry, and currently we are using various types of „click“ reactions for site-specific multiple labeling of nucleic acids.
Other activities in this broader area are fluorescence-enhancing nucleic acids, and self-labeling RNA tags.
- Seelig & Jäschke, Tetrahedron Lett. 1997 (38) 7729.
- Fiammengo et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2005 (127) 9271.
- Pfander et al., Nucleic Acids Res. 2007 (35) e25.
- Schoch et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010 (132) 8846.
- Wiesmayr & Jäschke, Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2011 (19) 1041.
- Schoch et al., Chem. Commun. 2011 (47) 12536.